Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

ON Something About It

There is something about the way flowers present themselves to us - hello, I'm here, I'm open, I'm for you - that makes me fall in love with all of them, notice each one.

There is something about the way I seem to always be within feet of my favorite bloggers lately - at least according to instagram photos, posted of places I had just been at, too.

There is something about the fact that you can still surprise me, and the rapid speed at which you are doing it lately.

There is something about wearing heels in New York City that seems fleeting, and incredibly important to do now, while I still can.

There is something about saying no that feels powerful.

There is something about saying yes that feels powerful.

There is something about forgetting to respond, a phone on silent, an email inbox so full it causes winces upon sight, that is so completely okay, because it means I'm living.

There is something about the way it feels to just not know and be okay with that.

There is something about having a made up bed and a clean home that makes me feel calmer, more sane, and more productive.

There is something about Central Park that makes me think New York City is actually sort of wonderful.

There is something about having an audition for a musical that makes my stomach flip flop and my skin tingle in a way I thought I lost years ago.

There is something about releasing all expectations, letting it show up as it is, that makes everything seem sweeter.

There is something about this exact second that feels perfect and meant.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had the ability to "heart" this post a la instagram style, because there is something about it that I love! ♥

    ReplyDelete