Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

ON Caves


Tonight, I wound up in the middle of a little Jack's Mannequin marathon. This is one of the most audibly delicious marathon's known to man. Do try it. Anyway, Caves happened. Well, first The Resolution. But then Caves.

And I thought: you must have it. Your ears and heart and being need to have this song. It's like 7 minutes, I apologize, but play it through. When the urge to dance happens, you must follow it. You must! This is crucial. Lady and I may or may not have made a little dance video of our dance party to this today. I may or may not share that here (you are so welcome in advance, friends. SO welcome).

Andrew McMahon reminds me why I write music. How those delicious words bind and breathe together, the way the instruments become their lovers. I just don't know any other way to put it. He reminds me why I write, yes, but also his music reminds me why I love, you know? And that is the kind of music that must be shared. So, get to it!

I'm now in the middle of a TSwift marathon, which just seems wrong after such musical bliss, but my goodness, is it fun to dance to. That's a post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment