Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

on DON'T HATE THE SEA FROM THE SHORE


We met down at the Seaport. Saturdays are meant for adventures, after all. Nicole is my best adventuring partner, and a best friend among the very best of bests (that's a lot of bests in one sentence, but take my word on it that they're all necessary here). We have a thing, she and I, where the one challenges the other "honest, no bullshit, no covering, no excuses - the honest answer" and there it is.

We settled into Beekman for drinks, and somehow all the small children found us (note: why are there so many children at this outdoor bar? anyone?) and we eventually made our way out to dinner. Mostly everything is closed at the Seaport, after Sandy. It's all being rebuilt. Their current slogan is See/Change - a clever play on Seaport - and I can't help but think how appropriate this is for this gal and I. Our fourteen year old high school selves could surely never guess we'd be where we are now, and have been all the places we've been, and the changes, oh the changes.

But this is why we have girlfriends like Nic, right? To help steer our ships when we can't manage them alone, or when it's everythingeverything at once, or when it's nothing at all. Or when there is a Saturday to spend in the sunshine, with a drink in your hand, and laughter bursting out.

*title comes from this here little tune // thank you, a.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! Haha, I loved the part about small children. I have nothing against them..I just prefer them away from me while I have happy hour.

    Kallie, But First Coffee Blog OR But First Coffee on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete