Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Where You Lead:

Something incredible happened recently: I met Alexis Bledel.

There are a few key things you should know about me: I love my dog more than most humans, I enjoy a good adventure, I frequently wear a tiara for inspiration and I have a slight obsession with Gilmore Girls.

So, as you may imagine, anything involving anyone from the show would delight me. But one of THEE Gilmore girls? If Lauren Graham had also been there, I honestly would have had to sit down.

Here's what I wore:




Top: Forever 21; Sweater: Urban Outfitters; Jeans: J Brand; Boots: Modcloth (& Vegan!)
Nails: Purple with a Purpose, OPI. / Redheaded bombshell: Gillian.

This outfit felt casual enough that I could have easily been coming from work but also cute enough that I wasn't too underdressed. I had worn the jeans and sweater all day, only swapping out the top and my boots in place of my daytime converse kicks. What would you wear to meet one of your idols?

Alexis (I use her first name as we are now obvs bff) is currently in Manhattan Theatre Company's new play "Regrets". It boasts a terrific cast and I was honored to attend the first preview and after-party. Check it out if you're in town. And if you've never seen my favorite TV show, catch a rerun sometime. Lauren Graham, Melissa McCarthy & Alexis teach a masterclass in comedy during each episode.

Many thanks to G for bringing me along and for dealing with my minor squeals of excitement, over-enthusiastic giddiness, and for taking outfit pics in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment