Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Easy as A,B,C.

I've been trying to figure out what to write about first as I re-launch Design This Life. I've got so many ideas swirling in my head, pictures I want to post, adventures & experiences to share and so on. But today it hit me for what will make the perfect post:

JUST START.

It's so simple. Take that first step, make that phone call, ask for what you want, put yourself out there, begin. I tend to languish over decisions and have lots of incredible ideas where I just think and think without ever taking any action. Forget about being the hardest, the first step is the easiest! Taking the first step means even if you slip and fall or never get any further than that first step, you have nothing to lose! Let's use the example of Legos (yes, legos). Let's say you've decided to build the most amazing lego creation ever known to mankind. With a deep breath, you place your very first piece on the table.. and just like that, you've taken the first step toward your goal! Now, say, you've got 3/4 of this massive lego creation done and you lose your focus and as you take your next step by putting another piece on, you knock into your creation and it spills everywhere.

Mega bummer.

But that first step? Quick and painless and the beginning of the foundation for your dream. Plus, since you're so fabulous, we all know you won't get close to the finish line and casually knock everything down. The more steps you take, the more focused you get, the more committed you become and the more everything just flows.

Just start. Think about what you want, make a goal, define that first step and take it.

Have questions? Want to chat about a goal? Share your thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

[Wonder what I mean by re-launch? Check out the archives of Design This Life & look for more new posts here!]

No comments:

Post a Comment