Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

on M & J TURN ONE

Last summer, upon leaving acting class, I saw the email; the twins had been born. I screamed in reaction. It was my first time in this class and the handful of students that witnessed this reaction at the elevators made for quite the first impression. All the way down ninth avenue I freaked out, replying to a group text, hopping on calls, crying.

These babies were so loved from the second we heard about them. And now? One years old.

J is a troublemaker. I've witnessed first hand his over-the-shoulder innocent smile upon getting caught doing something. He is attentive, knows what he wants, determined, up on his feet first, taking on the world.

M is dainty. Delicate, loving, observant, and smiley. She lets people come to her, and claps proudly for herself. She is tiny, but powerful, and knows how to get what she wants.

They are beautiful, incredibly well dressed, and unbelievably loved by their family. As new parents, the grownups are sort of kicking ass. Twins? I cannot imagine. But they've survived their first year, and did it with grace, reminding me again how valuable it is to have family, blood related and not.

Happy Birthday, little ones. I'm so lucky to get to be a part of your lives. xo

1 comment: